About the Liebster Award
The Liebster award is an honorary award from one blogger to another. It goes to new blogs that have been around for less than two years and have less than 1,000 followers. This award not only gives newer bloggers the opportunity to be spotlighted but also introduced to other bloggers and followers. It really is quite fun!
I’m so honored to have received this nomination from Kortney at The Mason Dixon Home. She is an absolute doll! I feel so lucky to have meet her through the blogging community and recommend you check out her blog. Her family is darling!
Questions from Kortney for Julie: Answered
1. How many children do you have?
I have one adorable son, Jackson. He is 1.5 years old and a turning in to quite the adventurer.
2. When did you start your blog?
I started my blog May 2015. I haven’t been the most consistent with posting with the demands of motherhood and caring for my family but my goal is to be better this year! Blogging is not only a great outlet but I love to inspire and help others with my posts.
3. What is your favorite movie?
I adore 17 again with Zac Efron. I mean come on, how can you not love him? I also love pretty much anything with Kristin Bell! She’s amazing!
4. If you had to choose, would you rather live out of a private jet or a yacht?
Pshh…I would rather live on a yacht. Then I could lay on the deck and get tan (even though I’ll most likely burn) and go for a swim whenever I want. Not to mention I could host some pretty fabulous parties.
5. How did you come up with your blog name?
My blog is focused on finding self-worth, strengthening relationships and the mom/ wife life. Too often we become focused on trying to be THE perfect person, when really life isn’t about being perfect. It’s about striving to be our best. It’s a journey. With that being said, life is a Journey of Imperfection with experiences that can help us find joy, if we learn from our mistakes and weaknesses.
6. Which social media networks are you on?
I primarily post on Instagram (@perfectly.julie) and a little on Pinterest. I just created a Facebook page for my blog too. It’s still a work in progress but feel free to check it out by searching, The Journey of Imperfection.
7. Do you have any pets?
We don’t have any pets but my husband regularly asks when we’re going to get one! ;) He always makes me watch videos of cute dogs in hopes that we’ll get one sooner. The answer to whether that will happen is TBA.
8. What is your favorite Holiday?
I feel it’s impossible for me to pick one holiday because I’m always looking for something to celebrate! Seriously! I decorate for every holiday and have traditions for each one. I also LOVE LOVE LOVE birthdays. But if I had to pick one, I would say Christmas because I love the happiness and joy that comes from celebrating our Saviors birth.
9. Do you prefer a night out or a night in?
You know it really depends on the day. I love going out and doing something fun but I’m certainly not opposed to being in my PJ’s and curling up in a blanket on the couch to watch some Netflix. Ooo and don’t forget the ice cream!
10. What is your favorite memory from the past?
I would say the first time I saw my son. It was the most incredible experience to see him after carrying him for nine months. It was the perfect, most sacred moment having my husband holding my hand, as we gazed at our new, precious son.
11. Besides your family, what is the one thing you could not live without?
I’m going to say soap and hand sanitizer. HAHA! I’m such a big germophobe that I. WOULD. DIE. if I couldn’t wash my hands!
Rules for the Liebster Award Nominees
· Thank the blog that nominated you on a post in your blog.
· Answer the questions asked by the blog that nominated you.
· Nominate 5-11 other new bloggers.
· Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer.
· Notify all nominees via social media.
I feel so privileged to have found these women in the blogging community. I encourage you to check out each of their blogs as they are truly amazing and have so much to share. I am constantly amazed and inspired by them. Congratulations to the nominees.
· Jen with Baking Baby Brown
· Amanda with Miss Mimosa
· Katie with Adulting Daily
· Shannon with Yo Cactus Madness
· Valentina with Life’s Riches
· Desirae with Webster Wife Life
Questions for me Nominees
1. Do you have kids (fur babies count)?
2. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
3. How did you get into blogging?
4. Favorite music artist?
5. How would your friends describe you?
6. If you could live in any era, which would you choose?
7. What was your favorite TV show growing up?
8. Do you have any phobias?
9. If a movie were made about your life, what would the title be?
10. What is your least favorite chore around the house?
11. If you could meet anyone (past or present), who would it be?
Congratulations to you all! I can’t wait to see your answers!